Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cparentga cparentga is offline

Default Incorporating Cell color fill in an "if" logical function?

Sean, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have the past 4 hours trying to figure out why my
conditional formatting wouldn't "paint" or "Copy Formats" to hundreds of
rows. After reading at at least 50 postings and even visited numerous Excel
users group, you are the first person to note the $B2 tip. Everyone else
said to eliminate the "$"...but that wasn't totally true...only before the
column and row. Again, thank 1,000,000

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

and just a throwaway.. if you want to evaluate column B of each row
individually, get rid of the $2 and instead use $B2. Otherwise, when you
copy the format down the rest of your rows, you'll still be evaluating B2...

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

FormatCFCondition1Formula is:

=$B$2-NOW()=30

Add Condition2 and 3

But you have a couple of conflicts with the <= and =

Who do you want to win if the value is 30

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 20:52:01 -0700, Josh
wrote:

I am trying to shade the row if a particular cell in the row has a date value
in one of three categories. What I have done is not working. Statements are
below.

="If(($B$2-NOW)=30)"
="if(($B$2-NOW)<0)"
="If(($B$2-NOW)<=30)"

It is not coloring a single cell.Any ideas of better logic to use?