Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Rows to columns in a table or pivot table

I'm lost... Can you post a sample of your data (how it looks now) and what
you would like it to look in the end.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jesper Audi" wrote:

Lets say I have 500 business cards in a spreadsheet and alongside my
'details' column I code each part according to whether it is 'name', 'add1',
'add2', 'add3', ' tel no' etc.

What is the easiest way to transpose the information so that for every name
(one name for each row) I can have get the 1st line of the address in the
add1 column, 2nd line in the add2 etc.

Bear in mind I do not always have an add3 or a tel no.

Effectively I want to do a pivot table, but rather than calculate a value, i
just want the correct text to appear.

Or if in a table I want to switch rows and columns.

But I just can't work out how to do it, without ensuring all my addresses
have the right number of fields and then using a formula.

Help appreciated (Excel 2007 or 2002)