Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Adding Hours Worked Correctly

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:47:01 -0800, CindyJ
wrote:

I'm creating a custom timesheet for our company. I have formulas adding the
hours worked in a day as =((D13-C13)+(F13-E13))*24 where D and C are morning
hours and E and F are afternoon hours and the cells are formatted as Time
1:30 PM.

My problem comes about in totaling a week. Right now, my formula of
=SUM(G9:G15) will add 8.17 + 8.17 = 16.33, but it should be 16.34 (the total
cells are format as Number to 2 decimal places).

What can I do to get my formulas to add correctly?

Thanks in advance!

The formulas found in the time tracking sheet of this workbook might be
just what you are looking for. They also leave the blank if the value is
zero.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...33&av=Z XL000