Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Formula Issues

The earlier presumes you meant the excel error: #N/A
COUNTA gives you the count of all filled cells in the source range, whether
these contain text, nums or #N/As, ie it excludes blank cells. The sumproduct
counts the number of cells with #N/As. The "counta - sumproduct" earlier
hence returns the desired count (provided you meant: #N/A)
--
Max
Singapore
"OEMJ" wrote:
Thanks Max but this returns the wrong amount. I am aiming for a figure of 47
but this is obviously going to change when i amend the data. This gave me 67.
I have tried another formula:

=COUNTIF(N4:N107,"<n/a")

but this includes blank cells which i do not want included and gives me a
sum of 84. Any ideas?