Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Conditional Formating

I think you missed some important information.

This should happen only once I start placing
the data in this row

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
Try the below.
1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:F10).
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=$F1=""
Please note that the active cell is within the 1st row. Active cell will
have a white background even after selection
4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kimti" wrote:

Date will be entered at the end as this will be the date task competed.
But
just in case if date is entered then row should be left non formated.

Thanks,
Kimti

"T. Valko" wrote:

What should happen if the date is entered but the rest of the cells are
empty?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kimti" wrote in message
I have data in multipal rows and one column is for date. If date
column is
blank I would like to highlight rest of the row in color.

A B C D E F
21 32 12 54 12 OCT 12, 2009
23 43 12 11 34

As F2 is blank I would like to highlight row 2 to be yellow. This
should
happen only once I start placing the data in this row.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kimti

.