Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default Can I lock a cell to a row?

Thank you both, JLatham and Dave.
I see that I am not going to be able to do this the way I originally
envisioned.
Excellent suggestions for ways to work around it, though. Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You may be able to play around with event macros to get something that works for
you.

But I wouldn't do it.

Instead, I'd put my totals in row 1, my headers for the data in row 2 and the
data in rows 3-###.

In fact, I'd use =subtotal() as my formulas to determine the totals.

Then I could apply data|filter|autofilter to the headers and data and those
=subtotal() will ignore the hidden rows when they evaluate.

Steve wrote:

Excel 2007
Windows Vista Premium

I am tallying up a list of expenses and I want the TOTAL to be at a specific
line
at the bottom of the page (Row 45) even after I add some items and their
rows to the list above it.

Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson