Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Dynamic Named Ranges

I succeeded by allowing my selection list modify a lookup list formula
string so that the list fills out with the new data. The list was given
a name for the range it covers. It works perfectly.

So, as far as dynamically changing the value of a named range, it is
still up in the air.
Instead, I chose to dynamically change the data that a named range
refers to.

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:12:26 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 05:24:01 -0700, Pete McCosh
wrote:

set the source for the validation to =INDIRECT(B1) Or whatever the address or
name of the relevant cell might be.

Cheers, Pete.

I have. It fails.

The relevant cell has contained everything from the desired named
range, to the actual range declarations.

The other issue is that the referenced cell is on another sheet, which
I explained. The validation pukes on that attempt.

Shame that you are the only one that answered. Interesting how folks
that are otherwise very smart glance at a thread and think a response
means that it got answered. Whether they check that the response was
accurate or not probably doesn't happen.

I guess only certain brains do thing automatically. Like using your
turn signal on a car. The dopes that do not always have a reason why
they think it is unimportant. I do it automatically.

When I look at a thread here, I look ate the responses to SEE if the
goal was met.

So no, as simple as it seems, your reply is not the solution... if
there is one.

I think I need to dynamically change the data contained in the one
named range it does accept. I cannot change that validation criteria on
the fly, but I can change what that named range contains on the fly,
based on my increment selection.

Thanks for your help, however.