Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Date Format Problem (bug)

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:32:16 -0700 (PDT), Steve - Rabbit Man
wrote:

On Oct 27, 4:31*am, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:52:28 -0700 (PDT), Steve - Rabbit Man

wrote:
Nope, I can make the column as wide as it can go and it is all
hasmarks all the way across

Thanks,

Steve

I cannot reproduce your problem using the information you posted and entering
the values manually.

I formatted a cell according to what you posted.

I then selected that cell and typed in * 11/2/2009 6 A

It displayed: *Mon 11/2 6:00 AM

Is that how you get the error?
--ron

Thank you, I finally gave up. Nothing I did seemed to fix the problem,
and I tried lots more dates including years, and at full page width
for the column and times and it was for all times but on that date
that the problem persisted. I closed and saved the file. Next day, the
problem was gone.

Thanks again,

Steve

If it happens again, I will pay more attention to the details.

Interesting. That kind of intermittent problem drives me nuts. I hope it
keeps working for you.

--ron