Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Stacked cylinder issue

Opps, I slipped with the formula. Those values should be
date Output Capacity Cap
29-Jun 560,634 167,007 727,641
01-Jul 579,232 148,409 727,641
02-Jul 613,200 114,441 727,641

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MikeF" wrote in message

Need to create a stacked cylinder [or column] chart from the table as
follows:

Date PresentOutput Capacity
6/29/2010 560,634 727,641
7/1/2010 579,232 727,641
7/2/2010 613,200 727,641

Each capacity needs to show as 100% [easy, that works fine] and each
Present
Output needs to be the correct percentage of the Capacity, ie 77%, 80%,
84%
respectively, "filling up" each cylinder appropriately.

A good analogy would be "How full is the cup?".

But when I build the stacked chart, PresentOutputs calc out at approx 41%,
43%, and 45% respectively.
This doesn't make sense of course, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding how
this
specific chart should work.

Even if I actually use percentages as the data series, it presents the
same
anomaly.

Have tried a few workarounds to fool it, but no joy.

Does anyone have the solution?

Thanx in advance.

- Mike