Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Steve is offline

Default Macro recorded... tabs & file names changed, macro hangs

I haven't tried this yet, but I will. However, I only change the dates on the
tabs and the file if I make changes to them. E.g., these changes would use
todays date, but the tabs or even file may have not been updated for a week,
and they'd still have a prior days date on them, then the macro would not
work, correct ? I guess what I was thinking of is like when you change the
name of a tab that's in a formula, the formula changes to that new tab name.
Or something like that.

Thanks,

Steve

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Maybe like this:

Sheets(Array("MasterTab", "Data " & Format(Date, "MM-DD-YY"), "Tdata " &
Format(Date, "MM-DD-YY"))).Copy

That would convert the second two tabs to today's date.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Steve" wrote:

If have recorded a macro that selects various tabs ( sample 1)

and another macro that indicates the name of the file ( sample 2).

sample 1 Sheets(Array("MasterTab", "Data 10-28-09", "Tdata
10-28-09")).Copy

sample 2 Windows("BASEOct28.xls").Activate

Being that I rename the various tabs when I update them ( 10-29, etc), and
also save the file as the updated date (BaseOct29.xls), the macros do not
work because they're looking for the tabs with the 10-28 date, which have
been re-named 10-29, and same for the file. Is there a way to have the macro
work with the new dates ?

Thanks,

Steve