Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barbara Wiseman[_3_] Barbara Wiseman[_3_] is offline

Default Conditional formatting - not equal to cell above

Maddan,
Thank you so much, this does exactly what I need.
Barbara

On 30 Oct, 11:59, muddan madhu wrote:
Select the range

Goto format menu | conditional formatting | =T6<T5

On Oct 30, 4:45*pm, Barbara Wiseman wrote:

I am trying to colour a cell if it is not equal to the cell above.
I have tried cell value is, not equal to, =t6. *But this just copies
down as an absolute value, I need it to be dynamic so each cell is
compared with the one above.
I am sorry for such a basic question, I am not good at all with
conditional formatting!
This is on excel 2003.

Barbara- Hide quoted text -