Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ScottishSteve ScottishSteve is offline

Default Maximum Entry

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working. Also, I can't use the <3
entry, as that would allow 2.1, 2.1, 2.3 etc wouldn't it?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
Go to Data validation, in Allow enter custom, in the formula enter A2:c4<3,
go to error alert and enter the message you want to display

I assume that the cell where you enter the information are from A2 to C4

"ScottishSteve" wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a spreadsheet with the following kind of entries

A B C

Bob 1 0.5 0.5
John 2 0 0
Linda 0 1 1

I need to know how to restrict the maximum value that can be keyed under A,B
& C for each person, so that no cell can have an answer greater than 2, and
the sum total of A,B & C for each person cannot be any more than 2 either.

I'm pretty new to this, so I may be missing something blindingly simple.