Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cstep Cstep is offline

Default How can I lookup when match has more than one value?

Is there a way to drag this formula and not enter the key combination of
key then hit ENTER) for every row?

This formula works great for my worksheet but I need to drag it down 10,000+
rows?

Reference formula:
=INDEX(Data!C1:C10,MATCH(1,(Data!A1:A10=A1)*(Data! B1:B10=D1),0)).

"T. Valko" wrote:

Where is the data you want returned?

What is the data type of the value to be returned? Is it text? Numeric?

When there are multiple lookup_values you would typically use an array
formula** like this:

=INDEX(Data!C1:C10,MATCH(1,(Data!A1:A10=A1)*(Data! B1:B10=D1),0))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hijosdelongi" wrote in message

I have a Question.. if VLOOKUP plus IF possible? This is my fomula..

=VLOOKUP(IF((Data!A1:A1000=A1)*(Data!B1:B1000=D1), ....

Can you help me with this..

THank you.

"David Hilberg" wrote:

=IF( CountIf(a1:a10,"Joe")<1, CountIf(a1:a10,"Joe"),
LookUp(..etc...) )

will give you the count if there are more or fewer than one.
Otherwise, it performs the lookup.

- David

On Jul 23, 9:12 pm, bonot1 wrote:
I am using LOOKUP functions to retrieve info from a list. Some of the
lookup
values have more than one match in the list. Is there a function that
allows
me to retrieve multiple elements for one lookup value, or at least a
function
that tells me there are duplicate matches?