anand

No, what I'm really trying to do is creat a series of external references for
a dozens of sumproduct formula. Then copy the formulas whole and duplicate
(with a fixed data block). The sumproduct formulas should give identical
results (presuming that I copy over the reference cells also. However, now
what I'd want to do is adjust the reference cells so that I'm looking at a
different set of conditions. In some cases, I may want to include either a
blank, all nonblanks or mabe all. Any idea how to use a reference cell to
indicate this? I would assume if I'm using a series of reference cells in a
row linked by "or" as this function works, then adding something than
indicates blanks, blanks, or all could be done; just not sure how. If used
all or non-blanks, this would likey over-ride any selection in rest of
reference range i.e. if I have 1,2,3,4 as acceptable conditions and replace
with 1,2,3,all, then I would presume that the 1,2,3 become irrelevant.

So question remains, is there any symbol that can indicate blanks,
non-blanks or all within a reference cell attached to a sumproduct function?

"Ola" wrote:

First:
"Question is how can I indicate either blanks or nonblanks in one of the 4
reference cells in row 205."
I presume you mean -exclude cells with blanks? In that case
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A200=A205:D205)*(B1:B200=1)*(A205: D205<0))

Second:
I think you mean --
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

Hope it helped