Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Friday Friday is offline

Default Conditional format a column based on value in a different column

How can I conditionally format (highlight) some cells in column E based on
the values in column C of the same row?

I have no trouble highlighting a column based on it's values, but I need to
highlight the cells in a column based on the values in a different column but
the same row.

Example: If C1 is negative, highlight E1 in red.
If C2 is positive, highlight E2 in green.
If C6 = "B", highlight E6 in yellow, etc.

I'm having trouble having the value/formula in conditional formatting refer
to a different cell, but cannot specify a specific cell for all rows, if that
makes sense.

Thanks.