Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve - Rabbit Man Steve - Rabbit Man is offline

Default Date Format Problem (bug)

On Oct 26, 6:23*pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:43:53 -0700 (PDT), Steve - Rabbit Man

wrote:
Help,

I have a date / time cell where I am using a custom format and there
are two other date fields that calculate based in its value.

I can enter any legitimate date and it will all format and calculate
correctly (so far as I have tried) except for "11/2/2009 *6:00:00 AM"
The custom format is "ddd m/d h:mm AM/PM". The time does not seem to
matter so long as the date is 11/2/2009. Other dates and years work
fine. For that date, the display field is all hashmarks and only one
of the calculated fields is all hasmarks. If you do a holdover, the
right values are shown in the little popup.

I have office 2007 and it is supposed to be updated automatically
running on XP (also updated). (Where did about go?)

Confounding.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,

Steve

Perhaps your column is not wide enough.

I have no problem formatting E1 as you show above, and entering the value.. *It
displays: *Mon 11/2 6:00 AM

--ron

Nope, I can make the column as wide as it can go and it is all
hasmarks all the way across

Thanks,

Steve