Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Move offset in scatterplot

I played around a bit and found a solution based on
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

I created an extra series for which I gave all Y elements the value 0 to get
a straight line across the X-axis. I then added the X-value as a datalabel
to the different elements and let it show below. Finally I removed the
labels on the original X-axis.

It's a bit of a hack but now the graph looks nice.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway,

Yves

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Your options are 16-40 or 12-44, if you want every 4th label to appear
including 16.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Yves Dhondt wrote:
Hello,

I have a series of values of which I want to create a scatterplot as
given below.

(16, 20)
(20, 25)
(24, 29)
(28, 33)
(32, 36)
(36, 39)
(40, 40)

For the labelling on my X-axis, I only want to show 16, 20, 24, ..., 40.
However, I do not want 16 to be put in the corner. I want it to be moved
slightly to the right. So basically I want my offset (were the X-axis
crosses the Y-axis) to be 14. I tried to set the following variables for
my X-axis.

Minimum = 14
Maximum = 42
MajorUnit = 4

Unfortunately, this results in the displaying of 14, 18, 22, ..., 42 on
my X-axis. Is there any way to define the first MajorUnit to show? I
would only want it to start 'labeling' at 16 while the crossing with the
Y-axis should be 14.

Using a line plot instead is not really an option.

Yves