Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paankadu paankadu is offline

Default Macro to Save File to specific location when closing

Is there a way to have a macro automatically save a file when closing it
down? Specifically looking for it to save in a certain location using the
date as part of the file name. It is a daily log and would like it to save
as "10.26.09daily_log" when the user updates the information and closes out
of it for the day. I have the form set up as a template currently.

Reason being is many of the users aren't computer savvy and to do this they
have to do file save as and then it gets saved in different folders,
different ways and it is a search mission to find all the locations. they
are comfortable opening the folder & entering the data but we would like them
to just be able to close out the worksheet and have it automatically save to
the current date and file name.

Thanks in advance for your assitance.
--
Thanks,