Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nicole Nicole is offline

Default Formula have a VLOOKUP but want it to =0 if no value is found

Thank you, this has worked.

Kind Regards,
Nicole Clayfield

"T. Valko" wrote:

First, set the range_lookup argument to 0 or FALSE. This will ensure that
*only* exact matches are found.

=VLOOKUP("A",X:Y,2,0)

Then, you'll have to add an error trap to the formula. Since you didn't post
your formula this is a generic method of error trapping.

=IF(ISNA(your_formula_here),0,your_formula_here)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nicole" wrote in message
I have entered a VLOOKUP to search an Item no. and return the amount in
sold
in the month. The VLOOKUP returns the closest value from the nearest item
no.

Should I use an IF function so that it will only put in a value if the
item
number matches exactly?

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,