Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default making a drop down box

Are you sure you used Data ValidationAllowListIn-cell Dropdown?

The arrow and list are invisible until you select the cell.

Maybe you used a ComboBox from the Forms Toolbar or Control Toolbox.

Both those remain visible.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:56:01 -0700, michael.j.bates
wrote:

i made a list for a drop down box,I have 40 items counting the title of the
box.I used the data validation button & the box works fine.all 40 items are
in the box but the list is still visible.How do I make it so the list is not
visible but the items remain in the box?