Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dennis Tucker Dennis Tucker is offline

Default Please Help

Chip,

You're the best. That seems to work good.

Dennis

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Try starting Excel 2000 version using the /regserver switch. With
Excel closed, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter the
following and press Run.

"C:\Program Files\Office 2000\Office9\Excel.exe" /regserver

Include the quotes as shown. Of course, change the file path to your
specific installation of Excel 2000. Note that there is a space
between the second quote character and the / chartacter, but no space
following the / character.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:22:28 -0700, "Dennis Tucker"
wrote:

I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the
following

The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that
were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these
files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 is
dominating this action.

I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version
2000. That did not work. I tried deleting the association for the *.xls
file type and making a new one for the 2000 version. That did not work.

Please help.

Dennis