Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How can my macro run faster ?

You may also be using selections which are not necessary and slow things
down. Some of your macros may??? be able to be combined but I would have to
see .

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
If the macro that calls these 5 routines is also in the Agenda.xls
workbook, I'd
use:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
application.screenupdating = false '<-- to hide the flickering

Call SortDossierOrder
call DeleteDuplicates
Call DeleteExtraRows
Call DeleteRecentRecords
call DeleteExtraCols

application.screenupdating = True '<-- set it back to normal

End Sub

Roger wrote:

I have a set of 5 macros which analyse and finally format data. It starts
with about 5000 records and ends up with around 250. I have one "super"
macro which calls and runs each of the other macros in turn, ie

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!SortDossierOrder"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteDuplicates"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteExtraRows"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteRecentRecords"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteExtraCols"
End Sub

Would it be faster to copy and paste each of these macros into one single
macro ? Is there any way I can suppress the screen during the macro
running
to save processing time and make it run faster ... it has to sort through
each of the records 4 times and you can see it on the screen working ? I
am
using Excel 2002 sp3 on XP

Thanks .. Roger

--