Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ess Ess is offline

Default VLookup, Dynamic Range or Something else

Yes, all the data is grouped together in a contiguous range.
--
If you never attempt anything, you will never make any mistakes...thus never
enjoying the fruits of accomplishment.

"T. Valko" wrote:

GAATSPEC...ALLERGY
GAATSPEC...ASTHMA
GAATSPEC...SINUS
GAATSPEC...IMMUNOLOGY

Is your data sorted or grouped together like above? All the GAATSPEC entries
are grouped in a contiguous range? Or, is the data in random rows like this:

GAATSPEC...ALLERGY
XXX...yyy
AAA...ooo
GAATSPEC...ASTHMA

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ess" wrote in message
I am trying to create a lookup table. I have a concatenated field on two
sheets and want all the values that match that field to be populated on
one
of the sheets.

Example:

Sheet 1 (flat file)

Concat field Name
GAATSPEC ALLERGY
GAATSPEC ASTHMA
GAATSPEC SINUS
GAATSPEC IMMUNOLOGY

SHEET 2 (results file)

Concat field Name
GAATSPEC

In essence, whenever I select "GAATSPEC" on the second sheet, I want it to
automatically populate with the matching name. My problem is a Vlookup
only
gives me the first row (i.e., GAATSPEC - ALLERGY). How do I get all the
other rows to populate with a name?

Is this doable?

--

.