Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel 2007 AutoFilter problem

I was going to include this in my first response, but I didn't want to add
clutter if it wasn't necessary.

I had an xl2k workbook that I created from scratch each morning from data from
various sources (it was a mechanized routine).

I had that same exasperating problem. The last row of the data just wouldn't be
included--even if I did it manually.

This was the only time (over and over and over) I've seen this problem.

My workaround (not quite a solution) was to add something to column A of the row
under the last row. Then filter the range through this lastrow+1. After I
applied the filter, I'd clear the cell (just clearcontents).

The only problem that the stupid filter included this lastrow+1 in its range!
So I'd see "blanks" as one of the options for the filtering dropdowns.

But I decided that I could live with that irritation to get the real last row
included.

Maybe it'll work for you and you'll lower your standards to allow this other
irritation.

"Sarah H." wrote:

Dave,

Yes, the last row is not included in the filter range. But nothing I can do
will get it to be included! That is the problem. If I turn off
autofiltering and turn it back on with the entire range selected manually,
Excel still leaves the last row unfiltered and creates a new
sheetname!_FilterDatabase range leaving out the last row.

Even if I manually select the blank row following the last row and turn on
autofilter with that selection active, the problem still occurs.

This is the silliest thing! I mean, millions of people are using Excel 2007
and autofilters. How can such a basic problem be biting me like this? I
don't get it. Nor am I a newbie. Oh, well, what other ideas do you have?

Much obliged.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Next time you do this, look at that last row that should not be visible.

Notice the color of the row number for that row compared to the row
numbers of
the visible rows in the filtered range.

I bet it's not the same.

That means that this row wasn't included in the range to be filtered.

I'd remove the filter, and then select the range to filter. (I never let
excel
guess!)

Then test again.

Did it work?

"Sarah H." wrote:

Hi, all,

I recently started using Excel 2007 after having used older versions for
many years.

I am having a baffling issue with AutoFilters. I turn on filters, select
criterion,
and find that the lowest row in my data table shows up regardless, even
though
it should have been filtered out.

I also note that the automatically created _FilterDatabase range on my
sheet
ends
one row too soon. But if I edit or delete that named range, the problem
does not
resolve. Nothing different happens at all.

Help?

--

Dave Peterson

--