Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger[_2_] Roger[_2_] is offline

Default How can my macro run faster ?

I have a set of 5 macros which analyse and finally format data. It starts
with about 5000 records and ends up with around 250. I have one "super"
macro which calls and runs each of the other macros in turn, ie

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!SortDossierOrder"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteDuplicates"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteExtraRows"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteRecentRecords"
Application.Run "Agenda.xls!DeleteExtraCols"
End Sub

Would it be faster to copy and paste each of these macros into one single
macro ? Is there any way I can suppress the screen during the macro running
to save processing time and make it run faster ... it has to sort through
each of the records 4 times and you can see it on the screen working ? I am
using Excel 2002 sp3 on XP

Thanks .. Roger