Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dale Dale is offline

Default Pivot Table Update

Thanks! Problem solved.

"smartin" wrote:

Dale wrote:
I created a pivot table in a worksheet. The data for the pivot table comes
from another worksheet (same book). When I update the worksheet for the data
the pivot table output doesn't reflect the update. I wouldn't think that I'd
have to create a new pivot table each time...so I'm hoping that there's a way
to have the output of the pivot table reflect the updated worksheet. Thanks.

The pivot table will not pick up new data until you refresh it. Right
click the pivot table and select Refresh Data.

Also, you may have limited the pivot table's source data to the original
range of data -- hence any additional rows of data will not be picked up
when you refresh the pivot table. To correct this, right click the pivot
table, Pivot Table Wizard | Back | update the range appropriately. If
you select full columns at this step you will never need to worry about
the range problem again. Refreshing the pivot table will be necessary
after changing the data range.
.