Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PeterJordan PeterJordan is offline

Default QIF to CSV or XLS

I found one program, Financial File Converter, that more or less does the job
(have only tried the 20-entry freeware version), but the date comes out in
European style (14/10/2009) for October 14 -- my other excel files are all
10/14/2009, and I don't think the data will date-sort properly if the day
comes before the month.

I'm unclear how to use the online conversion program. Wlhen I open the qif
file with a program like notepad and paste it into the left hand column, it
doesn't seem to understand how to return a document in rows and columns
format.

An elusive program called qif2csv.exe seems to exist, but I can't find a
site that will download it -- I can get to various sites that promise
downloading, but then I get redirected to some other software instead.

Any help? The idiotic bank (Barclay's?) where we've opened a new credit
card account won't download in CSV format!

Thanks,

Peter

"jaf" wrote:

Hi Sam,
There is an online converter from qif to csv here . http://shamikshah.com/code/qif2csv/Converter.html

And an Excel add-in here.http://www.macgyver.org/software/quickaccess.html

John

"Sam" wrote in message ...
How I can convert or import a qif/ofx/qfx file to Excel file format. Could
you please help me about that.
--
Sam