Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default disperse amount across multiple cells without fractions

For your specific example, suppose you have 17.1 in A1 and you want to
split it into 2 cells B1 and C1. Put this in B1:

=ROUND(A1/2,1)

and this in C1:

=A1-B1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 23, 10:53*pm, bkinman
wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that calculates work time by day and job number. *
Someone may have multiple entries on one day to different job numbers. *We
want to take the total overtime for the week (anything over 40) and disperse
it over all the jobs. I have done this, but it does it in fractions. Even
though I show only 1 decimal, the actual number is several decimal places.. *
116/13.

How can I divide it but make it only have 1 decimal place. *Like one can be
8.5 and the other 8.6 for a total of 17.1 instead of both of them being 8..55.

start time(A) Stop time(b) total time(c) *OT(d) - Total OT for week(d10) *

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can send sample spreadsheet if you
need it.

Becky