Barb R.

Thanks. That got me to where I could get the info I needed out of the
filename. I actually have a file name with the end date of the work week in
the file name. I wanted to parse out the end date and fill it in within the
spreadsheet in the appropriate places so that I didn't have to manually edit
those cells.

"arno" wrote:

Hi Barb,

I would like to use the "WorkbookName" document property within an
excel cell (if that is the appropriate name). How do I get that
name to be displayed within a cell of my worksheet?

path:
=LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),SEARCH("\[",CELL("filename",A1))-1)&"\"

filename:
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),SEARCH("\[",CELL("filename",A1))+2,SEARCH("]",
CELL("filename",A1))-SEARCH("\[",CELL("filename",A1))-2)

I hope it is "filename", pls. see help on cell()-function.

arno