Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Newfie809 Newfie809 is offline

Default Formula Help

--
Newfie

"Newfie809" wrote:

B C D E F G
ENG4C1 ENG3U1 ENG3U1 0 0 0

=ROUND((COUNTIF(B3,"<")+COUNTIF(C3,"<")+COUNTIF( G3,"<")+MIN(COUNTIF(D3:F3,"<"),1))/3,2 )

This formula adds the columns B=.333, C=.333, (D E F=.333) G=.333 for a
total of 1.33 and I would like it to be 1.0
I am trying to add the columns that have a code in them and the ones that
have a 0 should not be added. Each cell has a lookup formula that returns
the information from another workbook and if there is no information for the
formula in the other workbook it returns a zero and therefore if there is
something in the cell it get added to the total and I do not want it added to
the total.
What I am looking for is the formula to only count the cells that have a
code in them. If there is a 0 there I do not want the cell to add to the
formula.
Is this possible? I tried a COUNTA but that did not work.

Thank you
--
Newfie