nfbelo

Thanks for your reply. I thought that I should use a VLOOKUP function for
this matter.
Sorry to disturb you again but the formula gives me 0 (zero), I can't get
the amount that I want. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong!!
Can you help me again??

"Arvi Laanemets" escreveu:

Hi

VLOOKUP returns a single value - as follows the sum of vlookup equals to
lookup value. And to use the vlookup result as a range doesn't work at all.

When values in column A are really dates, then try something like this
(adjust the datarange to your table):
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=DATE(2005,5,5)),--(A1:A100<=DATE(2005,5,9)),B1:B100)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"nfbelo" wrote in message
Hi, I'm having troubles summing Vlookups, my worksheet has:
A B
5-May-05 2300
6-May-05 1200
7-May-05 2500
8-May-05 2300
9-May-05 1500
10-May-05 2000

I need to SUM the amount of a period like 5 to 9-May-05 using a Vlookup,
I'm
trying sometinhg like SUM(Vlookup...:Vlookup...), but it dosen't work.
Could
someone help me. Thanks!!