Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel time conversion - Please help!!

If you've actually got the data in there as an Excel time, use
=MROUND(A1,1/24/3600) (and look up MROUND in Excel help if you have
problems).
If it's there as text, =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2) if you want to keep it as text,
or =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2) (and format appropriately) if you want it
converting to time.
--
David Biddulph

<Nicola Blackie wrote in message
Hi
I have been using a computer programme for some research which exports
data to excel in the format of hours:minutes:seconds:tenth seconds
In order to perform my calculations I would like to round the data to
hours:minutes:seconds and I can't seem to do it! Its driving me mad!
Please help, I am not neeading the acuracy of tenth second and do not want
to delete the tenth second out of each cell as there are thousands!

PLease help

Thank you very much
Nicola

ASP.NET Cookies FAQ