Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John R.[_2_] John R.[_2_] is offline

Default I want to highlight a column if the date in cell #4 is this we

I just discovered WEEKNUM. This appears to work, I will need to copy to all
columns I want the highlighting to occur in (every other column in a series).

=(WEEKNUM(W$4)=WEEKNUM(TODAY()))

"T. Valko" wrote:

Is "this week" the literal text string this week or is "this week" a date
that falls within this week? If it's a date then how does this week run?
From Sunday to Saturday or from Monday to Sunday (or something else)?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John R." wrote in message
I used conditionaly formatting to hightlight the cell in row 4 if the date
is
"this week" but now I have been asked to have the entire column (well, row
4
down) to highlight if the date is "this week".

I need to use conditionaly formatting as the cells have to be used for
other
data.

Thanks,

.