Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
robzrob robzrob is offline

Default Counting

On Oct 21, 10:59*pm, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:
Hi rob

Not using the 5 bar gate method, but a simple addition when a cell is
clicked would be the following code

* * Dim myrange As Range
* * Set myrange = Range("A1:A8") * *'<<-- Alter to suit
* * If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
* * If Not Intersect(Target, myrange) Is Nothing Then
* * * * Target.Value = Target.Value + 1
* * * * Range("B1").Activate * *' to move focus away form the target range
* * End If
End Sub

To USE
Copy code above
Right click on the sheet tab you are usingView Code
Paste code into white pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel

I have chosen the range A1:A8 as the cells where the addition is to take
place. Amend to suit your case.
Equally, after clicking and the number being incremented in the cell, I am
moving the focus away for that cell, to ensure that the change selection
will get triggered next time the user wants to add another one.
I have used B1 as the cell to move to - again change to suit.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"robzrob" wrote in message

I want to replace, with an Excel workbook, a blank hardcopy table in
which users count the number of occurrences of a particular kind (in
this case various types of queries at a reception desk) by marking
boxes with with a | for every occurence then a slash through every
workbook so they can do something similar with one keystroke or one
mouse-click for each occurrence? *I could just get them to increase
the number in each box by one every time they get a query, but I think
this might be confusing,

signature database 4530 (20091021) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4530 (20091021) __________