Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shadab Malik[_2_] Shadab Malik[_2_] is offline

Default translation in Excel 2003

If you go to "Research" -- "Language", you get reference books that serves
this purpose.

I am not sure if this problem can be solved in Excel but I am pretty sure
Excel has solution to everything ;)

May be an Advanced Excel user could throw some light on it.

Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:

I'm not aware of any inbuilt translation tool in Excel, so you will
need to build one yourself.

Pete

On Oct 22, 11:06 am, Shadab Malik
wrote:
Dear Pete,

Thanks for your reply but I want the kind of table that you propose to use
VLOOKUP from.

I have phrases in a column and need translation for those in adjacent
column. I dont have any other table with such translation to use. I am
looking for an inbuilt translation tool in Excel. The language that needs
translation is Chinese.

Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Are the text values made up of single words or phrases? Do you have a
lot of them?

You could set up a table which shows the foreign words in one column
and the translation in the next column and then use VLOOKUP from that
table.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 22, 6:39 am, Shadab Malik
wrote:
I have a column with text values in a foreign language. Is there a way I can
translate this text to English using a formula / macro / web query such that
all translated values get populated in the adjacent column?

Thanks in advance.

.