Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
helen helen is offline

Default named range in a template

We have lots of excel templates with named ranges in them. I can click on a
button in my app, which opens the template and replaces all the named ranges
with the field values from the doc I have highlighted. This works great for
all my templates apart from 1. When I step through the code the information
is copied to the spreadsheet, if I pause the code before it gets to the save
bit, I can see all the information I am expecting.

However, once I save the spreadsheet, close it and open it again, the named
range called "Description" has the word Description in it instead of the text
in the description field (which it had before saving). I have tried
re-creating the spreadsheet, I have tried deleting the named range and
re-adding it, now I can't think what else to try.

Has anyone come across this error before and does anyone have any idea how
to solve?

thanks
--
Helen