Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TDMP TDMP is offline

Default IF ISBLANK Function

Hi Jacob,

Just so I am clear...I have cells that have months based on a date but some
of the dates are blank hence no month will show...I want to be able to put
the words Month Unknown into the blank cells so when I chart by month those
blanks will say Month Unknown

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

=IF(Y39="","Month Unknown","")

'If you have date in Y39
=IF(Y39,TEXT(Y39,"mmmm"),"Month Unknown")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"TDMP" wrote:

Hi,

It is possible to use If ISBLANK to find a blank cell lest say Y39 and if it
is blank inout the text Month Unknown into the cell?

If so please tell me what is the syntax as I ahve tried and no luck...if not
can you offer an alternative?

Thank you