Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default What formula do I need?

Yes to which?

1. You want a different color for each of the different words failed, pass,
pending and offer made.

2. You want one color for any of those words?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lydia" wrote in message
YES
--
Lydia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Did I mentioned I'm using 2007?

Nope! And that makes a BIG difference!

After reading Roger's reply I think he may have interpreted your
intentions
correctly.

So, do you wnat a different color for each of the different words failed,
pass, pending and offer made or do you want one color for any of those
words?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lydia" wrote in message
I must be REALLY stupid. Because I don't see any of those options. Did I
mentioned I'm using 2007?
--
Lydia

"Lydia" wrote:

I want a symbol or color to appear when I have the following words
entered
into a cell (failed, pass, pending and offer made). I'm thinking I
need
an IF
formula or conditional formatting, but I've never used either. I would
rate
myself as a 5 on Excel on a 1-10 scale. I'm no expert!

Thanks for all the help!
--
Lydia

.