Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Victor Delta[_2_] Victor Delta[_2_] is offline

Default Macro for active sheet only

Gord

Thanks - absolutely right. I'm afraid my question used some sloppy terms.

You keep referring to stats.xls as a "sheet"

stats.xls is workbook, not a worksheet.

In your code, point the macro to Thisworkbook and whatever sheet in the
workbook you want to run the macro upon.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:31:06 +0100, "Victor Delta"
wrote:

I have a macro which applies to, and is recorded within, one specific
spreadsheet, says, stats.xls. I have linked it to a custom button and it
works well.

However, I usually have several spreadsheets open simultaneously and
occasionally I inadvertently run hit the button and run the macro even
when
I am working on one of the other sheets. This is not disastrous but is
there
a way I can add some code to the macro so that it will only run when
stats.xls is the active sheet 'at the front'.

Thanks,