Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AnotherNewGuy AnotherNewGuy is offline

Default Update 2009 dates to 2010 dates

You are actually just adding 2 weeks -- 364 days.

Type 364 in an empty cell. Copy to clipboard. Highlight area you'd like
converted. Click Paste-Special and select Add.

"EllenM" wrote:

Actually, I need something like this to happen:
1/4/2009 becomes 1/3/2010
1/5/2009 becomes 1/4/2010
1/6/2009 becomes 1/5/2010

"Megan" wrote:

Do you just need to change the year? Or do you also need to change January
4th to January 3rd?

For the year, you can do a find and replace. Find 2009 and Replace with 2010.
--
If this has helped you, please click Yes

Thanks,
Megan

"EllenM" wrote:

Hello,
I have a 2009 time card that needs updating to 2010. I have dates in week
ranges for instance, 1/4/2009 to 1/10/2009 which would be converted to
1/3/2010 to 1/9/2010. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Ellen