Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel Workbook Defaults

You can do it (but you won't want to!) by:

Creating a new workbook.

Change the normal style for numbers to be currency.
In xl2003 menus:
Format|style|select Normal|Modify
and change to the number format you want.

Save it as a template named book.xlt (.xltx or .xltm in xl2007???) and store it
in your XLStart folder.

xl2003 and below will use that template workbook when you create a new workbook
by clicking on the new icon on the standard toolbar.

=====
The reason you won't want to use this is the way it treats any numeric
entry--even dates and times.

WildWill wrote:

I want to setup my Excel so that whenever I create or open a workbook or
sheet, the cell's will always be defaulted to currency format. How do I do
that?

--

Dave Peterson