audioguy audioguy is offline
Junior Member

Default SUMIF with 2 criteria PLEASE HELP

I've done some searching and everything I find does not work... so I thought I would create an account and post my exact situation-

Column A contains Names and is VERY long and is not exactly the same length from one report to the next
Column D contains Section numbers is also very long
Column J contains numbers I need to sum (again very long) if column A contains the name I list and D contains the section number I enter.

The catch may be that I need to use a wildcard into the formula for the data in column D as it is quite lengthy and often contains a -. For example one of the sections is 3.8.2.15.1.8.12.0-1 See why I would want to use wildcards?

Thanks in advance for any assistance any of you could offer.

With Gratitude,

Dennis