Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Yes...........as long as you make sure Excel does try to "help" you by
placing $ signs in the cell references.

i.e. you don't want $A$2 or A$1 or similar.

As FSt1 points out...........it can be copied anywhere as written.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:53:07 -0700, Adam Ronalds
wrote:

I want to be able to have a formula in a conditional format be dynamic so
that I can copy format to any cell in the workbook and have that cell
recognize the formula as if it were not anchored to a given cell. in the
example I gave I want to be able to copy special format the conditional
formula =((A2-A1)/A1)A1*.2 make print green to cells A3-A5 where I don't
have to rewrite the formula in each cells condition....is that possible?

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
it seems to dynamic the way it is.
what problems are you haveing?

Regards
FSt1

"Adam Ronalds" wrote:

How can I get the formula in my conditional format to be dynamic? for example
A B C D
1 100
2 120
3 80
4 100
5 150

How can I get the conditional format =((A2-A1)/A1)A1*.2 to be dynamic so I
can copy the conditional format from cell A2 through to A5 referencing the
cell above it?