Bob Phillips

"George Andrews" wrote in message
Bob

Your formula gives me the maximum figure in the range between C450 and the
Row where the formula is placed. Maybe I did not explain correctly but I

am
wanting the result to show the maximum in the range between c450 and the
cell that the cursor is in at that moment.

so if I am in A500, then I want the maximum value in the range C450:C500

That is the same thing as I have already given as far as I can see. If you
really mean A450,C500, you have a problem as the formula cell is within that
range, so you will get a circular reference.