Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hungarian excel problem with thousand separator

If you are saying that your data is formatted in such a way that you can
distinguish between field delimiters and your thousand separator, and hence
that your
1 400,000
is being read into one field, if it isn't being treated as a number it
sounds as if you don't have the correct Windows Regional Options set. These
are set up in Control Panel, not in Excel.
--
David Biddulph

"Bige" wrote in message
Hello,

dear friends I have a problem with hungarian excel ... I would need to
import a text file with numbers, here it is (copy/paste from Notepad):

Part ID Description WH UM Type WH Location MyData MyValue
TEST1 test part first test part second 100 FG
4 C5D2 190,000 72,627 13 799,22
TEST2 RED ADHESIVE LABELS "4 Nm max" (for rope 100 FG 4 C5D2 250,000
91,160 22 790,04
TEST3 BL S4Z slow and S3R/L C-MOD SMALL cont p 100 NR 4 C5D0 1 400,000
760,402 1 064 563,49

What happens is that when I import it through Excel the number 1
400,000 becomes text even if all my setups are in hungarian and the
separator of thousands is a space. Guess that space is read by Excel
as not the correct space...

Could you please help me?

Thank you,
Ivan Pololi