Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Convert multiple columns into on column?

Check my previous post two row above of this thread, adjust to suit

"Abor" wrote:

I'm very new to excel macros and I have a daunting task ahead of me.
I need to convert multiple columns of information into a single
column. It's too tedious to do by cut-and-paste and will take 6+ more
hours and I was hoping someone could tell me how I can write or
customize a macro to do it for me. Below is an example of what I need
to do.

Original Data:

1 2 3 4 5 6
1 y y n n y n
2 n y y y n y
3 y y n n n n
4 y y n n y y
5 n y y y y n
6 n n n y n y

Needs to turn into
1 1 y
2 1 n
3 1 y
4 1 y
5 1 n
6 1 n
1 2 y
2 2 y
3 2 y
4 2 y
5 2 y
6 2 n
1 3 n
2 3 y
3 3 n
4 3 n
5 3 y
6 3 n

etc etc.

Column A and B are the headers and will not need to be created.
Manually I'd select the y and n data and paste it underneath the last
filled row in the y & n column, then cut again and paste again. I
have so much information it'll take me more than 6 hours doing that by
hand. Is there a macro anyone can suggest to help?

Thanks in advance!

-Zhe

.