Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lowan Chan Lowan Chan is offline

Default refer to text

Thanks T. Valko. The answer only let me get "0", but cannot get 6, 5.... as
I need to get each digit seperately. Can you help what should I do?

Thanks a lot.
--
Lowan

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"###0.00"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lowan Chan" wrote in message
thanks a lot. It helps. But seems doesn't work on my case. For example:
12,345.60 in A1, in b1, I want to display "0", which is the last digit of
12,345.60. so I set

=mid(a1, len(a1)-0, 1)

the answer comes to "6" in stead of "0". How can I change the formula to
get
"0"?

thanks in advance.
--
Lowan

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Use MID()

=MID(A1,3,1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Lowan Chan" wrote:

Hi,

I have a text, e.g. "Finished" in A1, if I want the 3rd word from left
"n"
be displayed in B1, how to make the formula? and if A1 is a number,
e.g.
12,520.70, how can a formula to display "5" in B1?

thanks in advance.
--
Lowan

.