Richard Varcoe

Default add same cell from all files in same folder

Hi all,

I have a folder that contains Excel files with the following name formats..
0001.xls, 0002.xls, 0003.xls...

In each of these files, the cell G12 on sheet called "impact" contains a
value in GBP.

I want to create a file called total.xls, that will add up cell G12 on the
sheet called "impact" on every excel file between 0001.xls and 9999.xls.

Can I do this, and can i do it without using macros. Our security settings
are very tight where i work and i am not *really* allowed to use macros. If a
macro is the only possible solution, then that will have to do.

Cheers

Richard Varcoe