George Andrews

Bob

Your formula gives me the maximum figure in the range between C450 and the
Row where the formula is placed. Maybe I did not explain correctly but I am
wanting the result to show the maximum in the range between c450 and the
cell that the cursor is in at that moment.

so if I am in A500, then I want the maximum value in the range C450:C500

What would the formula be in this case.

Hope you can help.

Andrew

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
George,

Why not just

=MAX(INDIRECT("plan!C450:C"&ROW()))

--

HTH

RP

"George Andrews" wrote in message
Excel 2000

Can anybody correct this formula which is not working for me.

=MAX(C450:INDIRECT("plan!C"&ROW(cell("rows")))

I am trying to get the maximum value from the range C450 and the

Activecell
Row in column C

thanks.

George