Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sdhi sdhi is offline

Default Sum, Average, and Count from imported .txt file

I must import a large text file with one record for each transaction, then
grab all transactions of the same type within a data range. This I can do.

But within this group I also need to then break into sub groups based on
value ranges (1-10,11-20, etc) and then to count the number of transactions
and average the value of all transactions within each subgroup.

I think I need to keep each record in each subgroup somewhere then do the
averaging and then record the count and average for each subgroup on a
report.

I'm new to excel so any help would be appreciated!